It’s such a pleasure to get together with a group of people who share the same passion as you do. Joining a rose society gives you an opportunity to connect with likeminded folk who share your satisfaction of growing roses and who enjoy exchanging various tips and ideas.
Your partner or family members may not share your enthusiasm for rose gardening and it’s good to be able to talk with others who “get it” – the joy and pleasure you experience while pottering in and around your garden.
Where To Find A Rose Society.
There are a number of ways you can find a rose society in your area.
- Look in the public notices section of your local newspaper.
- Do a search on the internet.
- Ask at your local plant nursery.
- Public libraries and community centres often have community boards that have details of the meeting times and location pinned up on them.
Why You Should Join A Rose Society.
- If you’re just starting out growing roses, joining a rose society is a great way to learn from the experts.
- They usually get together on a monthly basis and in addition to these regular meetings can organise live planting and pruning demonstrations.
- Members are usually very helpful and are happy to share with you their wealth of knowledge on all aspects of rose growing.
- There’s usually a small annual fee for joining up just to cover running expenses however the wealth of information you gain from being a member is worth so much more than this small cost.
- The biggest benefit you’ll gain is the knowledge from fellow members about which roses thrive in your area.
- Also rose society members will be able to offer plenty of advice on how to grow roses in your specific climate zone.
So if you’re a mad keen rose grower why not join a rose society and connect with fellow rose lovers for friendship and insider knowledge and know-how.